Wednesday 14 November 2007

A smile in the rain




It seems it's been a while since I was here last . Despite my best intentions , life has a habit of barging in and taking over my time - either it's school runs - to three different schools now, since Tali has started at her nursery, or endless mounds of washing - 10 loads today so far ! BUT . I have now got a plan. When Tali goes to nursery, Aaron now goes to sleep , so I have a whole two hours to myself . I had such plans for this time . I was going to have a bath , read a book, even dare to play with my purple friends . So what did I find myself doing with this oh so precious time this morning ? Mucking out three stables and walking round the fields looking for a swan I thought I'd seen which was injured .

As I was meandering round the boundaries , it started raining . Not hard , just a little , and with the sun still shining . The horses had retreated to the field shelter ( Zac's Welsh Mountain pony is the biggest wimp ) and were peering out from under their hoods to see what on earth I was doing . The local RAF's finest Tornados were playing games in the sky above my head , and I had one of those moments of sheer happiness that come along so rarely , and usually in a completely unexpected fashion. There really is nowhere else I'd rather be .

It seems the swan was not injured after all, but exploring! I discovered its mate and three cygnets in the river behind the back field . I wonder if it'll stay ?

5 comments:

Norma Murray said...

Hi great to see you back with us again. Funny how real life takes over isn't it.

Pondside said...

Lovely to see you back here. What a bright and happy blog!

Hannah Velten said...

Well done for fitting in a blog (and under such trying circumstances)....I just don't know how you do it all...but the mucking out looks kinda fun what with all those wood shavings and piles of poos waiting to be picked up (talking about the pic - of course!) - they are shavings, aren' they? Not some kind of fake snow???? Anyway, with all that activity going on, maybe the swans will find it too busy for them, but I hope they do stay.

Suffolkmum said...

Lovely description of those moments that take us completely by surprise but are so full of joy. I so remember those days when I'd get a whole 2 hours to myself when babies slept! Now I get a whole 3 hours when littlest is at morning school - gone in a flash.

CAMILLA said...

Lovely to see you back again Palomino.

You have much energy, know how time is consuming with Horses, even if it be glorious time consuming. That took me back to years ago when my two were little, trying to catch up with busy schedule of the day. A lovely blog Palomino.

Best Wishes,
Camilla.xx