Saturday 8 September 2007

That was the week that was ..




I am apparently on holiday until next Wednesday - have been for almost a month in fact , a perk gained by working twelve hour shifts which then means I get 43 extra days off a year . Complicated I know , but ultimately worth it ! So , why then do I feel so worn out ? I asked Ian this last night , and he looked at me with that old fashioned look and said ' Are you potty ? ' On Monday , you drove to Surrey at fifteen minutes notice , visited your dad ( admitted to Kingston Hosp with a raging infection ) and drove back again , via IKEA at Lakeside ( wasted trip , grr) , Tuesday you took Josh and Jordan to school , did 3 loads of washing , labelled and packed Zac for his first day at high school plus all the usual stuff , Wednesday took Zac to school ( cried all the way home ) , went to an auction as EDF had kindly turned our electric off to do some work , spent some money , Thursday the woodchip delivery turned up , so emptied two stables and cleared yet more washing , and Friday the hay turned up , so stacked all that and yet MORE washing . And you wonder why you're tired ?? '


I thought today I'd have a rest instead - only the washing to do today. 3 loads down - 5 to go !


Tomorrow I'm definitely going to have a day off - we're going to the game and country show at Sandringham , which should be fun . Wish me luck !
The picture above is the view from my front window by the way - apparently the front field may well come up for sale , so we're saving our pennies just in case ..

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I imagine there will be a lot of washing with your large family! I've been washing all the dogs blankets today - 7 of 'em and they're now hung on the washing line. I hope they're ready for tonight!

Hope you manage to take it easy tomorrow.

Crystal xx

Un Peu Loufoque said...

I think you have teh same brand of laundry basket as I have.. its one of those self filling ones, you empty it at night and then in the morning it is full again....mine does this about two times a day it sounds as if you have a newer model that works at refilling itslf at double speed.

Pipany said...

Hello Palomino. It's the first time I've caught your blogs as I haven't managed to get online much lately. Good to meet another mum of five; I have 5 plus two gorgeous step-children, 4 ducks, five hens and three cats! Tired thinking about it!!!!! xx

Faith said...

That field looks neat and tidy, hope you do manage to buy it.

Exmoorjane said...

You sound just like virtually every other woman I know...puzzled as to why we are so flipping exhausted when we work flat out!
Time for some pampering, methinks (fat chance!).

Hope you can buy the field!
jxx

Pondside said...

Will that field mean more work in some way?? If so RUN!
Seriously, you must be a highly organized woman to accomplish what you do - on your day off!
I hope there'll be some time for a little r&r for you before you go back to work.

CAMILLA said...

It is pretty amazing how many miles one does in a day, hope you manage to get some quality spare time to just chill out soon. Do hope you can buy that field Palomino, good investment.

Camilla.x

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

I have learned that the only way to rest is to go out - if I am at home . . like you . . I have to do things. Hope your Dad is ok.

Anonymous said...

I get annoyed at my washing basket and there are only three of us in the house (my husband creates the most washing!), I will think of you next time I moan about it!